TITLE: Business Services Officer
SALARY: £20,361 to £22,257 p/a
HOURS: 35 hours per week
HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT: 30 days + public holidays p/a pro-rata
RESPONSIBLE TO: Business Services Manager
Our posts are open to women only applicants as we are a woman only service, covered by the occupational requirement at Section 9, Part I of the Equality Act 2010.
A C.V. or no more than 2-pages and a Cover Letter of no more than 2 pages outlining your suitability for the role should be sent to Claire Gilfillan by Monday 23May, no later than noon by email email@example.com
The interview will take place in person at 30 Bell Street on Thursday 9 June.
Responsibility of the Business Services Officer
This is an important role within Business and Improvement Services of Glasgow and Clyde Rape Crisis. The post holder will specialise in supporting the Management Team, under the leadership of the Business Services Manager to develop, coordinate and ensure compliance with Health and Safety procedures and policies, and in overseeing all office assets and resources such as IT Equipment, furniture, stationary, databases. In addition, the post holder will ensure the Centre has effective and clear office working procedures and policies in place which staff and volunteers adhere to. The postholder will support the management team of GCRC and the Director in the organising of training, meetings, events, liaising with external stakeholders in the public and voluntary sector, and in the preparation of accurate papers or briefings, which will also require note taking, agenda preparation and diary organisation. As such, the ability to maintain confidentiality is a must for the postholder. Additionally, the post holder must be a clear and effective communicator, organised and logical in the undertaking of their duties and be able to operate in a professional and confidential way in all matters. They must be proactive in providing solutions and new ways of operating for the benefit of improving the organisation’s efficiency and legal compliance areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. To ensure staff and volunteers are undertaking their duties in a safe working environment.
2. To proactively develop and coordinate the creation of clear and accurate health and safety procedures for the Centre and ensuring they align with up to date Centre operating procedures.
3. To ensure the Centre’s assets and company resources are in full working order, cost-effective, available, and maintained by staff and volunteers.
4. To ensure Centre databases are operating and serving the strategic objectives of the organisation as guided by the Director.
5. To coordinate and implement policies and procedures in relation to the staff handbook and of relevance to the roles remit.
6. To contribute to the analysis, monitoring, evaluation and financial reporting and production of the Centre, as required by the Business Services Manager and Director.
7. To support the Director and the management team in the undertaking of their duties, such as scheduling meetings, confidential paper and briefings preparation and cascading, taking minutes and the organisation of events and liaison with external stakeholders.
8. To support the coordination and planning of Centre meetings and Events as required by the Business Services Manager and Director.
9. To improve the use of technology and storing of confidential date for the organisation.
10.To attend Centre meetings and project meetings in relation to your remit.
12. Any other duties in line with the post and as required by the Business Services Manager.